Don’t know what’s getting into me, I’m offering techie tips left, right and centre!
I thought you might like to know about some of my favourite keyboard shortcuts – y’know, buttons you press to make stuff happen instead of having to click through menus. So:
- Ctrl + C (i.e. hold down the Ctrl button and then tap C) – this copies whatever you have highlighted with the mouse.
- Ctrl + V … pastes the copied stuff wherever the cursor is.
- Ctrl + X … a clever clogs one this: it deletes whatever you’ve highlighted BUT keeps it ready for you to Ctrl + V and paste it back into existence!
- Ctrl + Z … for those D’oh! moments, this undoes the last thing you did
- Ctrl + A … selects everything in the window
- Ctrl + S … saves your work quickly!
There. Where would you be without me?