We’ve been reading ‘First Bible Stories’ to Timothy and recently got to the paraphrase of Exodus 19-20: The Ten Commandments. I thought I’d post them here because they make so much sense!
God spoke to Moses, and then Moses spoke to the people: “God has given us ten rules that we are to follow. They will help us to live together,” said Moses, “these are the rules…
- We must worship only God.
- Nothing is to take His place.
- We are not to misuse God’s name.
- The seventh day is for rest and prayer.
- We must respect our mothers and fathers.
- We must not kill.
- Husbands and wives must keep their love for one another.
- No stealing.
- No lying.
- We must not be jealous of what belongs to other people.”