I’ve been tagged by Linda on Tina’s Blog, so here goes!
The rules: List seven songs you are into right now. No matter what the genre, whether they have words, or even if they’re any good, but they must be songs you’re really enjoying now. Post these instructions in your blog along with your seven songs. Then tag other people to see what they’re listening to.
So – in no particular order, here are my seven songs…
- All Time Love – Will Young – I think we’re all ‘just like me’, looking for an all-time love. I’m very happy to have found mine! The style of the song makes me think about God too – I’ve got a God-shaped hole in my heart, a spiritual yearning that is only filled by knowing my Creator.
- The Splendour of the King – Chris Tomlin – Simple but true.
- Breathing the Breath – Matt Redman – Reminds me that everything I have is lent to me to bring Him glory.
- I Predict a Diet – Kaiser Chefs – I’m not greatly into the Kaiser Chiefs (or should that be Chieves?) but Chris Moyles’ take on their best-known tune still makes me chuckle even though I haven’t heard it for months.
- The Mission Bell – Delirious? – Have to put the full album on the list because I can’t pick out one particular song but have been enjoying the whole thing since Christmas.
- Requiem – The Morrighan – I got this track on a cover disc several years ago, it’s a 9-minute mix of Mozart’s Requiem, dance/trance style. Love playing it! But as I write this I’ve looked up their website and am not hugely impressed. Ah well, such is life.
- Classic FM at the Movies – possibly another cheat as it’s not one individual song, but we always seem to be driving at some stage between 5 and 7pm on a Saturday evening and like to tune in. Brings back memories from lots of great films!
That’ll do for now. I tag McCano.
2 thoughts on “Seven Songs”
It’s such a fun game isn’t it?! Another good list, even though the last two I really don’t have a clue about!
Did you hear the choral version of I Predict a Diet that Scott Mills was playing around Christmas time. I loved that! Would actually consider buying it!
The last one is a Classic FM radio show – so it’s classical-style music like the theme to Jurassic Park, ET, Star Wars, Gladiator (and other more girly films!). The former is indeed a random track!
I did hear the choral version – “I predict a riot – A RIOT! – I predict a riot! A riot! A RIOT!”